CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Where have they been....?

I was looking at my blog the other day and realized I have not written anything in quite a long time.  2010 has not started off they way we would have liked....The first 15 days were okay.....I know they are worse things in life...much worse....but when you are in the middle of something it feels like the worst!  Addison got a bad cold which she passed on to her brother that turned into RSV.  Our days were filled with breathing treatments, humidifiers, vaporizors, propped up beds, and lots of Kleenex.  During that same week, Matt came home without a job.  He was let go...we have been through this twice before....really you would think I was a pro at it, but every time I panic.  This time was a little harder because there was no package.  We are at four weeks and three days....not that long by all accounts....but it feels like forever.  Matt has sent out well over 100 resumes.  It is just taking people a long time to get back to him.  We are open to anywhere...and praying that God will provide and make it clear to us where we are to go.  I trust that ALL things work together for the good.(Romans 8:28 -We are assured and know that all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.

Included in ALL things is the situation with our rental house in Chandler.  We were notified back in Ocotober that the house was in default...two week after we signed the lease.  The property management company assured us that they owner was in the process of getting the house refinanced.  Fast forward to January...we recieve an auction notice for April.  Okay...so now we are jobless and going to be homeless....seriously that is the way I felt.....thankfully we have an amazing God who offers hope.  We are trusting that ALL things will work together... ALL things.

While I have been wandering around in a daze my kiddos are doing great things.  Addison is trying to master writing her name.  She can identify the letters...so she is getting there.  She has also figured out how to trace her hand.  Now she is working on cutting it out.  She can identify her numbers to 10 (maybe higher).  Lucas has learned to roll over both ways and can sit up on his own for a few seconds.  Now he is working on crawling.  He gets on all fours and can move his legs, but has not figured out his arms yet.   So he scoots backwards instead of crawling. He loves eating food, although he would rather eat what is on my plate.  He is now 6 months old weighing in at 23pounds and 28 inches long.  He is happy most of the time. 

Pictures to come....I promise....until next time ...I am clinging to ALL things.

Romans 8:28 (The Message)

26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

thanks for the update. you guys are in my prayers. :)