CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Crazy...Yes...Insane...Maybe










The past two weeks have been rather challenging. We have been through a variety of emotions for sure. We have experienced excitement, apprehension, exhaustion, concern, fear, relief, appreciation and joy!

First of all we have moved! We are excited to announce that Matt is now about 45min closer to work! That translates to more time at home and that is something to be excited about for sure. It was a big move for us to make, especially six weeks after you have a c-section and a newborn at home. Thankfully we did n0t have to do it alone. We were able to move to our new house in Chandler with the help of many wonderful people.

We feel some apprehension over our move. We left our first house, the house that both of our babies came home to, the house that we made ours. We left many good friends out in Maricopa, people who love us like family and those friends are hard to find. We know that we are only 30 minutes from them, but we are still going to miss all of them.

In the midst of our move, Lucas began having a stuffy nose. You might say, so...well to an infant it is a big deal. Babies only breath out of their nose at first. Another amazing little detail that God put in place in order to help them thrive. I was not to overly concerned, but thought I better call the doctor. We went in to the office only to discover that he had a very low grade fever. Well this is alarming to all doctors when a baby younger than two months has a fever over 100.4 and Lucas had a fever of 100.8. They wanted to have blood work done as well as a chest x-ray and a spinal tap. The doctor sent us on our way to Phoenix Children's Hospital. I was thinking we will have these few tests done and be on our merry way hopefully without any other infectious diseases. Boy, was I wrong! Lucas's tests came back showing that he had a infection somewhere. And, because he was so young, and had had a fever we were admitted for 48 hours while they kept an eye on him and watched his cultures grow. I found this out after I had watched the nurses stick him twice to draw blood, then a resident stick him twice trying to do a spinal tap and then calling in the attending to try a third time. Thankfully he knew what he was doing. And then the IV team sticking him again only to have to use a vein in his head for is IV. A little advice....leave the room. I was on my very last witt...I am pretty sure. He was released on Saturday evening with a stuffy nose and no fever. I am so thankful for the wise doctors who treated him.

Meanwhile, back at home we had a house that had furniture but no stuff. Boxes that needed to be moved and an aunt coming into town that we only get to see once a year. With a few phone calls and some willing hearts everything was taken care of. Matt, Bob, Suzanne and Dean worked like dogs to pack up our boxes and move them to our new house. Nano came down to stay with Addison and pick up Aunt Val from the airport. I on the other hand was sitting in room 416B thankful that my baby boy was doing okay, grateful for the friends that helped, hoping we would get out soon.

Nano and Aunt Val rounded up some toilet paper, sheets for the beds, a towel or two to use to take a shower and some frozen burritos and french fries for dinner. Thankfully, I do not have to worry about impressing family members. Poor Matt is still looking for his electric razor so he can shave...someday we will find it.

Joy...that is how I am feeling now....with a little exhaustion mixed in. We are in our new house. Lucas is much better and managed to gain 7 ounces (15lbs 8oz). Addison is adjusting to her new surroundings. Matt loves being 31 minutes from home! And soon, hopefully, all of our boxes will be unpacked. It is amazing how much junk gets collected. We are going to need to do some cleaning out...

I am so grateful for a God who truly does not give us more than we can handle. One that hears our prayers, that takes care of our needs, and loves us in spite of all our doubt.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

oh my goodness, i did not even get dressed for like 2 months post c-section. and you moved! wow. even with help, that is exhausting.

and so glad to hear lucas is feeling better. very scary.

God is good.