CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Gray Hair

When I make my trip a few times a year to the beauty salon, I used to have Shea add some highlights to add a little something to my hair. I think I have moved beyond a few highlights, I am beginning to look more and more like Bonnie Raitt or Stacy London if you know what I mean. Now, as I examine myself in the mirror in the morning after hobbling out of bed, changing a diaper, getting someone breakfast, while thinking of all the things I need to do today, I am convinced that I have more gray hair everyday. Then I hear my mother's voice playing in my head, "See all of these, they are from you..." Maybe my mother wasn't so crazy after all. Now that I have a life and two small children of my own, I am beginning to think she is right.


I was sharing my disgust of having gray hair in my early thirties with one of my aunts and she quickly told me that she had been dyeing her hair since she was in her late twenties (WHAT!). So, I guess I am crossing over from my carefree days of my twenties into my responsible thirties along with a little something from Ms. Clairol and her friends. (Personally, I wish gray hair was looked at as a right of passage...a right you get to have when you have had 12 very stressful months in a row...12 months that have seemed like 12 years...12 months that give you 12 new gray hairs every month)

Maybe with a new hair color or at least one minus the gray hair, I can have a new outlook on life. No need to worry about the stressful times, just cover them up with a new bottle...right.
"It is time to wash that gray right out of my hair."

2 comments:

luvsewe2 said...

Miss Clairol will become your bestest friend... :) hehehehehehehe
welcome to momhood...hehehehe
love you lots Mom

stephanie said...

i hear ya, becky. i hear ya.

gray hairs and minivans...

how did it ever come to this!!!!