CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 21, 2011

What has happened in the last month...

LIFE!


I was just looking through all of the pictures that I had taken over the last month.  Let's see...we built a swing set for our beloveds.  The instruction manual said that it would take 40 hours to build, they were not lying.  Matt did most of the work, while I wrangled the children.  Well, really it was one child!  There were more nut, bolts, screws, nails, etc. than the local Ace Hardware.  You can imagine the kind of hay-day Lucas had with all of the shiny parts.  On the last day, I told Addison I would pay her a quarter for each piece of hardware she found.  She worked off and on for about an hour...I owed her $20! 
This the beginning....


Addison recently had her "Mom and Me" night at school.  We painted pots, planted basil (which Lucas as dumped all over the yard.) and read a story about Moms.  Each child made a little picture and page about their mom.  They had to tell how old their mom was, favorite food, what their mom liked to do, and what they liked to do with their mom. Here are Addison's responses:
How old is your mom? I..don't ...know.
What is your mom's favorite food?  Chili (by the way that is what we were having for dinner that night...she asked on the way to school that day...)
What does your mom like to do?  She LOVES to clean....what?  I have certainly led her astray....
What do you like to do with your mom?  I love it when she takes me to the beach.  Hmm...that is interesting.  We have only been to the beach one time when she was 18 months old.  I think she is giving me a subtle hint.

Spring has arrived.  I keep waiting to put on the shorts and flip-flops, then I remember that this is not the Arizona kind of spring, but a real spring.  Thankfully, there have been many nice days.  We try to play outside everyday.  Last week, Matt put the tree swing back up.  It is the new novelty.  I often think to myself, we could have saved a lot of time and money if we would have put the tree swing up instead of building a swing-set.  Lucas loves the tree swing as he has figured out how to Superman in it, hopefully not right onto his head... 
Pure Joy...sorry it is blurry...I need to get a better pic.

1 comment:

luvsewe2 said...

sooo $20 worth..need I ask is it safe...lol...and the beach comes from the same place that she is flying to my house to have a sleepover...her dreams..lol...
and yes simple is always better and cheaper...lol.. tree swings are always the best..love ya